martes, enero 28, 2014

Steakhouse at home



I admit that these pictures are a bit old, since I did do another steakhouse at home dinner the other day (I'll post those later). The idea behind these posts is to remind you that yes, you can go plop your behind in some bench and get waited on by someone with flair.. (jeeez)... OR, you can go the frugal route and cook this stuff at home. Just, repeat after me:

  1. I will let the steak reach room temperature before EVEN turning on the stove.
  2. I will apply a high smoke point oil and salt AT LEAST 20 minutes before turning on the stove.
  3. I will SEAR the meat on all sides on high heat for AT LEAST a minute per side.
  4. I will (optionally) add pepper or some other flavor enhancer to the meat.
  5. I will let the steak finish cooking to my liking (of course, medium rare!!! or, (55–60 °C / 130–140 °F))
  6. I will let the meat REST for at the VERY LEAST 10 minutes, on a plate with an upside down bowl on top so we don't invoke the capillary effect.
  7. I will serve and ENJOY!
Heheh... ok, that's a bit of fun, or the steak-at-home credo, however you want to call it, but it's a good set of rules that'll almost guarantee a good steakhouse at home experience. 

Oh, and about those fries... since I like finishing steaks in the oven, à la Alton Brown, I make these fries by cutting and tossing them around in seasonings (salt, paprika, thyme, oregano, cumin, etc.) then baking them in the oven for around ~20 minutes. 


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario